Bed 4 a Bed
You can make a difference. Give a homeless person a bed tonight.
What is Bed-4-a-Bed?
Bed-4-a-Bed is a simple and innovative Corporate Fundraising Campaign for hotels, bedding and home stores in Ireland. Bed-4-a-Bed invites customers to help the homeless – to give ‘a bed for a bed’ – when they make a purchase. Companies are encouraged to match their customers’ donations, or donate a portion of their proceeds to Depaul. 100% of donations go to Depaul services supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Ireland.
How does it work?
There are different ways your company can deliver Bed-4-a-Bed:
- Envelopes: Place Bed-4-a-Bed donation envelopes in your stores or hotel rooms. Invite your customers to place a donation into the Bed-4-a-Bed envelope, which can be dropped into a Depaul collection bucket at the till.
- Item on the Bill: Include the option to add a Bed-4-a-Bed donation as an item on a customer’s bill. When a customer checks out, ask them “would you like to give a Bed-4-a-Bed by donating €2 to Depaul?” If you have an online payment system, you can even invite your customers to donate when they make an online purchase.
- Matched Giving: For double the impact, we invite your company to match your customers’ donations – to give €1 for every €1 your customers donate.
- Corporate Donation: Donate a percentage of your overall revenue, or a portion of the proceeds of one of your best-selling items, to Depaul.
- Bed-4-a-Bed Range: If you’re a bedding or home store, why not create a special Bed-4-a-Bed range? You can advertise the range in-store with POS materials we can design for you.
How does my company get involved?
Please contact Aisling Shanley, Corporate and Events Officer with Depaul, for more details and to sign up for Bed-4-a-Bed now: email@example.com, + (353) 1 453 7111 or + (353) 861450579.
“Bed-4-a-Bed has been a great campaign that we have run across the Jurys Inn estate to enable our guests to support this great charity. Guests can give as much or as little as they like and Jurys Inn matches their donations. This campaign energises staff and enhances the guest experience.”– Sam Shepherd, Head of Human Resources, Jurys Inn