- Resettlement Support Service
Resettlement Support Service
“It is so important for us at Depaul that people are given every opportunity to move out of and away from homelessness”
Depaul’s Resettlement Support Service is a specialist support service available to all current residents of Depaul’s services in Dublin. The team works really hard and in a challenging housing market to support individuals and families in Depaul’s services to move out of homeless accommodation and into suitable long-term accommodation.
The service is focused on those whose resettlement needs require a higher level of support than their keyworker or support worker can provide.
Type of support provided:
- A support worker dedicated solely to assisting to source accommodation.
- Daily property searches.
- Preparation for property viewings.
- Accompaniment to property viewings.
- Support with complicated resettlement problems.
- Help with application forms.
- Advocacy to local authorities and housing providers.
- Development of post-resettlement supports.
Referrals for Depaul’s Resettlement Support Service come internally from Depaul’s Dublin based services as the need for resettlement support service arises.